Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bird of the Day - Penelope Tree

John Lennon was once asked to describe model Penelope Tree in 3 words, he replied with "Hot Hot Hot Smart Smart Smart"

Penelope Tree was an American model who hit it big  in the late sixties. Her look, elfin and very tall and slender, made her a huge success overseas and her look defiantly inspired the swinging London movement.

She appeared in countless magazine and editorials during her short modeling career. Her modeling career came to a holt in the early 70s supposedly because she developed adult acne and people refused to work with her.

She is quoted when asked about the demise of her modeling career saying, " I went from being sought-after to being shunned because nobody could bear to talk about the way I looked"

I think Penelope is a doll. Those round -wide eyes and legs that go on for miles are traits girls like me would kill for! Its a shame how cruel fashion can be, I think Penelope is one beautiful bird.


Long legged Penelope

She gives me a Daisy Lowe vibe in the picture above.



Great shoes!




me

No comments:

Post a Comment