Thursday, January 6, 2011

Im in love with the perfect plum- Chanel Ballet Russe!

Its been seasons, maybe even years, of trial and error to find my perfect deep plum lipstick. But I have found her! And her name is Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in Ballet Russe.

During my explorations of finding the perfect fall hue of lipstick, I have often come close but never found the right match. The deep plums I did find were often too brown (hello chola lipcolor!) or way too purple. Or the colors that came close the formulas were all wrong! Too matte, too glossy, too sheer-blah!

Well I met my new love at the Chanel counter at the Montebello Mall. And I couldn't be happier! Ballet Russe is an intense, rich color, that isn't too overpowering but does make an impact. The formula is a satiny looking semi-matte that is extremely moisturizing and comfortable to boot!

The whole Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick line is very beautiful. But at $32.00 a pop (the most I have ever paid for lipstick) I will have to collect one at a time, very slowly.

Stylish case goes well with my Alexa Chung dress and Marc Jacobs ring.

Hand test

Happy face hand test


Final result! When wearing a bold lipcolor, such as this one, I skip the eyeliner and blush. I just apply extra coats of mascara and work the big brows.

Miss Johnny Depp as the face of Rouge Coco. Oui!

Ballet Russe in the tuuuuube!






A

1 comment: