Thursday, April 7, 2011

High Fashion Crime Scenes

Photographer Melanie Pullen has beautifully combined two of my favorite subjects; Haute Couture and Crime Scenes. God only knows how many hours I have spent either reading fashion magazines and blogs or reading the Los Angeles Times Homicide reports and scouring the Internet for crime stories and pictures. With Melanie Pullen's beautiful book, High Fashion Crime Scenes, I get the best of both worlds. It makes my fashion obsessed, morbid little heart aflutter.

What I find most interesting about Melanie's work is that she thoroughly researched LAPD's archives and their vast amount of vintage crime scene photographs (ooh what I would do to have that same chance!) and used the archive's to re-enacted the grim scenes with models and couture by Prada, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, Jimmy Choo and other high end labels.

The crime scenes are beautifully photographed elegantly styled, and alluringly grim. High Fashion Crime Scenes is a masterpiece!

















A



1 comment:

  1. These are really, really good photos! Wish I could see 'em bigger.

    ReplyDelete