Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Top 10 Summer Beauty Buys

Aww Summer, my least favorite season. I do not do well in dry, 90+ degree Los Angeles weather. I get irritable, hot flashes, night sweats - it's like a mini menopause preview every year. And I do not look forward to that at all!

But I have found ways to combat the sweaty, sticky, sun-drenched weather - at least in my beauty regiment. Here are my top 10 summer 2011 Beauty Buys (in no particular order) :




#10. Cover Girl Natureluxe Gloss Balm in Anemone - Is it a lip balm or a gloss? Who cares! This lip treat has the comfort and convenience of a balm, but with the shine and appeal of a lip gloss. It's super lightweight, protects your lips with SPF 15, is made with a moisture rich combination of mango and shea butters, is easy to apply (don't have to bother with lips gloss wands or sticky lip gloss tubes) and the shade anemone is a flattering light ruby red that works with any skin tone and instantly brightens your smile! CVS $7.50


# 9. If you have ever colored your hair at home you know that the after color conditioner that comes included with the hair dye kit is the absolute best conditioner out there! Heck I've even resorted to buying the hair dye simply for the conditioner and throwing the rest of the kit away. Well I don't have to waste at home kits anymore because Nice n' Easy's Color Seal conditioner is now sold separately! (rejoice people!) This conditioner glosses your hair (whether its your natural hair color or not) like no bodies business and moisturizes dry summer locks without weighing it down. How does it do it? All I know is that this condition now sold separately is a beauty godsend! $4.99 Amazon.com

#8. Johnson's Baby Bar - I suffer from extremely dry skin year round. And even the most promising body washes always leave my sensitive skin dry and itchy. Until I found myself at the baby aisle at my local drugstore and stumbled across Johnson's Baby Bar. This soap has a light powdery fragrance, a non irritating lather perfect for sensitive skin, and is gentle and non-drying. And at $1.99 a pop it has become my new bath staple over those ridiculously expensive fancy body washes. $1.99 CVS

#7. I have been realizing lately that expensive beauty products don't necessarily mean better. And after years and years of buying every expensive facial moisturiser on the block, the best moisturiser has been sitting in front of me my whole life on my grandmothers dresser! That's right, that light pink lotion from Oil of Olay your grandma has been using for decades is a classic for a reason! This beauty fluid absorbs quickly, is not greasy or heavy, and does a fantastic job of keeping your skin very soft and very hydrated. Some may complain of the distinctive old-school smell of this moisturiser but to me I find it pleasant and it reminds me of being a little girl and getting into my grandma's beauty products! It's definitely the best bang for your buck! $6.50 Target


#6. Prada Infusion D'Iris - My favorite summer scent! It's clean, fresh, light and very feminine! It's never too overpowering and has a floral scent I adore! It's an elegant and an easy to wear summer fragrance. $65.00 Macy's

# 5. Hope in Tinted Moisturizer - It's like your skin - only better! This miraculous tinted moisturizer evens out skin tone, brightens your complexion, is light weight and protects with SPF 20. I layer it over Clarins UV Plus SPF 40 on those days I don't feel like wearing heavy foundation and need extra SPF protection. My complexion never looked better! $38.00 Sephora


#4. Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara - This super glamorous mascara was previously only sold in Japan but is now available at Sephora stores here in the states. This was an impulse buy one day while waiting in line at Sephora for the cashier (placing merchandise in the waiting line is a wonderful marketing idea! Darn you Sephora!)  This mascara is the closet thing I have found to giving me false, doll-like lashes. It gives lashes mega- length, volume and an extreme black shiny look. It's like patent leather for your eyelashes! The formula is water and sweat resistant for muggy summer days but washes out easily with soap and water. This mascara is so good it's patented in Japan!  $24.00 Sephora

#3. Ponds Original All Day Clean Cleansing Wipes - I keep a pack of these in my purse, in my nightstand and in my car. They conveniently clean and refresh - like a portable shower! I use it throughout the day to clean my face, hands, remove make-up, and basically to soothe my skin and cool off from the summer heat. You won't know how you survived previous summers without these cleansing little cloths! $3.99 Walgreens


#2.  Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion SPF 30 -I am a complete SPF junkie! No matter what season it is! For one reason skin-cancer runs in my mother's side of the family so I have a higher percentage of developing skin complications and because wearing SPF everyday no matter what the weather is like outside is the #1 thing you can do for anti-aging results and preventing wrinkles. I figure if I wear SPF now it'll save me from buying expensive anti-aging treatments and possibly health complications further down the road. I have been wearing SPF religiously now for the past 3 years. It becomes easy to add sun protection into your daily routine with double duty products such as this lotion from LubridermWalgreens

#1. Vichy Eau Thermale Spa Water - This product is so fun to use! It sets make-up for a natural dewy finish, is packed with skin nourishing minerals and instantly cools and refreshes skin. Its like AC in a can. I carry a travel size bottle of this in my purse and even T has used it on sweltering days to cool off his face in the heat.  $8.00 Vichy.com


Stay cool my babies!


A




1 comment:

  1. Nice selections!! I have got to try that mascara. I been searching high and low for a GOOD masacara. I usually just wear false eyelashes when I go out but quite frankly most of the time I have been just too lazy to even deal with them. I have such thin,short,straight lashes that it will take Wonders for really anything to work..I am even considering Latesse or however you spell it. LOL

    ReplyDelete